There are certain quotes that hold more significance to us than one reason or another. They strike a deep and meaningful chord and touch us. While many of us my find quotes cute or cliché, there are many that have stood up the test of time, or struck a note with us. The ones that last, the ones that make us wonder why we stopped and took notice, are because there is something about them that rings true. Something that is very personal to us. Something that pushes us to want to be better, do better, act better, or think better n our relationships. Here are 20 quotes that will hopefully stop and make you think why you fell in love with this person in the first place, why you want to be the best version of yourself in this relationship, and any reason that you aren't.
20 Inspirational Relationship Quotes
1) "I'm not telling you it is going to be easy- I am telling you it is going to be worth it." - Art Williams
Relationships are never easy all the time, but if you care about the person enough, you are willing to do whatever work it takes to make it last.
2) "You can't just give up on someone because the situation is not ideal. Great relationships are not great because they have no problems. They are great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work." - Unknown
Too often a relationship becomes about keeping score of who wins and who loses. If you care about that person enough, none of that matters, it just matters that the two of you can find a way to come to an agreement and move forward.
3) "Relationships end too soon because people stop putting in the same effort to keep you, as they did to win you." - Unknown
This is an important one to think about, as it has a great deal to do with the constant appreciation we need to show for each other.
4) "There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other, and start fighting for each other. "- Dave Willis
This is a great concept. The understanding that there is nothing that each of you is strong enough to accomplish on your own, as you would be together.
5) "He can't read your mind. So take a moment to let him know how you really feel." - Stephen Speaks
This seems so obvious, but often goes unspoken. As we get further and further into a relationship, we assume the other person knows how we feel. This is not true, it remains just as important to tell always clarify how we are feeling for our partner.
6)"Sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time." - Unknown
In this day of people searching so hard, and on such a deadline to meet people, we often forget that we most often meet people when we least expect it. When we are completely off guard, and being completely ourselves.
7) "Whether it is a friendship or a relationship, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing." - Unknown
This really is as simple as it sounds. Without trust, there is nothing. If we do not trust our partner, how can there ever be peace in the relationship?
8) "Apologizing does not mean that you're wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego." - Unknown
This ties back to the concept of keeping score. Sometimes it is not about winning the argument, it is about winning the affections and happiness of your partner.'
9) "Don't talk, just act. Don't say, just show. Don't promise, just prove." - Unknown
This ties into one simple concept, let your actions meet your words. People get tired of hearing the same things over and over that never get done. Be a person of substance, a person of action, a person who does what they say.
10) "We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason." - Unknown
Believe that good or bad, everyone comes into your life, and into a relationship with you for a reason. Whether it is to have an undying love, or whether it is to further define what you want in a relationship remains to be seen.
11) "The greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in." - Unknown
Time and again, the relationships that you hear people say, "I would have never seen them together," are the best ones. They are the ones where people have let go of the unrealistic images we have of our ideal person, and open ourselves possibilities.
12) "It doesn't matter who hurt you, or broke you down. What matters is who made you smile again."
Remember this point, as it is important. The person you are with now, is not anyone you have been with before. Do not hold the crimes of the past against the person in your present.
13) "A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other." - Unknown
This points out the obvious point that we are not perfect. No one if. Love and strong relationships are when two people deeply care for each other despitethese imperfections.
14) "The best feeling in the world is knowing that you actually mean something to someone." - Unknown
It is as simple as that. It is a deeply warm and powerful feeling to know that we mean something special to someone else. That to them, there is no one in this world quite like us.
15) "All relationships go through hell, real ones get through it." - Unknown
If people who have been together for any length of time tell you that they have never been through tough times, question their honesty. It is the belief that relationships are not disposable, they are worth working for.
16) "A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future."- Unknown
In a strong relationship, you never holds the transgressions of someone's past against them. They should never come up at all. You are very active and supportive of them in the present, and you are encouraging of their future goals.
17) "The moment you start to wonder if you deserve better, you do." - Unknown
While marriage is hard work, while it is far from disposable, when we start to truly believe that we are in a relationship that is not one of equals, we deserve better. This can mean a lot of things, whether you deserve better in the relationship, or out of it.
18) "Don't let someone change who you are, to become what they need," - Unknown
The hope is that your partner fell in love with you for who you are, do not change yourself to fill the voids of what they need to feel complete. They are the only person who can do that for themselves.
19) "A perfect relationship is not perfect, it's just that both people never gave up." - Unknown
There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, there is only such a thing as a relationship that has persevered despite all the odds and all the obstacles.
20) "No matter how busy a person's day may be, if they really care, they will always find time for you." - Unknown
Such a simple but true thought, and one we should ask ourselves. If someone is important to us, we will find a way to tell them, even for a minute. If we are important to someone, they will find a way as well.