Despite the fact that some people refer to me as "sir" here are 10 reasons I am a blesbian (black lesbian) who wears ties daily:
1. I saw someone else do it and I am a copycat. She was a lesbian.
2. It is a fashion statement. I do not button the top button of my shirt nor wear the knot tight around my neck.
3. I wanted to stand out more. Being a nearly 6 foot blesbian with dreadlocks was not enough for me, I blended in.
4. Like Fran Lebowitz (although my clothes aren't tailored) I wanted to be a fashionista. Plus I know at least one item of clothing I will wear daily.
5. I wanted to learn how to tie a tie so I could teach my son.
6. I thought folks might be more confused about my gender identity but amazingly they seem less confused.
7. It gives folks a topic of conversation to discuss with me.
8. I get to shop for me more.
9. I am waiting for my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. I don't know what that means, but I read it somewhere.
10. I like wearing ties because I want to, not because I have to.
Love, peace, compassion and blessings.