The 16th annual Out & Equal Workplace Summit takes place for the first time in San Francisco November 3rd through 6th at the Moscone Center West. Here are 10 things you need to know about it:
1. LGBT employees can be fired in 29 states solely based on sexual orientation and gender identity, 32 states if transgender.
2. Lee Daniels is giving the keynote address.
3. Billie Jean King will also address the attendees
4. Olympia Dukakis, an ally, will also address the attendees.
5. Armistead Maupin will be in attendance.
6. There will be 3,000 attendees from more than 30 countries, a majority from Fortune 500 companies.
7. "The Outies" recipients of Workplace Awards honoring both individuals and organizations that are leading the way to advance LGBT workplace equality. Past winners can be found here.
8. Out and Equal released the results of a poll conducted by Harris and Out and Equal saying that most Americans said employers should never discriminate.
9. Out and Equal Workplace Advocates is a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving workplace equality.
10. Selisse Berry is the founder and CEO of Out & Equal Workplace Advocates.
Peace, love, compassion, and blessings.