Everyone dreams of hitting life's jackpot. Maybe you always wanted that 8,000 sq. ft. home on the ocean. Maybe for you it's the red Lamborghini. Or maybe, it's travelling around the world for a year. While most people want to acquire wealth, the problem is they don't know how to do it or even where to start.
It's no surprise really; after all, we're taught from an early age that money is hard to earn and to be grateful for what we have. So where do you begin? How to do you start to attract the big bucks? While everyone's situation is different, there are 10 things that everyone can do starting today that will help them make more money.
1. Start looking at money as a positive force in your life. Money is not something to fear and lose sleep over. Stop worrying about running out of money and start dreaming about all the great things money will bring like freedom, opportunity, possibility and abundance. Throw your fear of money out the window.
2. Connect making money to solving problems. The fastest way to make money is to solve a problem. This doesn't require a Master's degree from Harvard. Look around. What are people struggling with? How can you help? What solution can you offer based on your expertise? Big money is made by solving problems.
3. Become obsessed with success. Stop listening to people who say the word 'obsession' is a bad word. Self-made millionaires have a healthy obsession with getting what they want, which includes money. The truth is, it's more an obsession with success over anything else. If you want to attract more money into your life, think about what you want and what you're willing to sacrifice to get it. Your discipline and dedication must match your desire.
4. Stop trying to solve the great money mystery. Most people believe making money is mysterious. The truth is money flows from ideas. The more value you bring to the marketplace the wealthier you become. Start approaching money like a child who doesn't understand lack and limitation and honestly believes he can do anything. Making money may not be easy, but it really is that simple.
5. Have fun: One way the masses rationalize not being rich is by convincing themselves wealthy people work all the time. To most people, time is traded for money, which means the only way to earn more is to work more hours. The truth is most self-made millionaires have tons of fun. What may look like work to most people is actually a person living life to the fullest with every available resource at his fingertips.
6. Use leverage: One of the greatest secrets of the self-made wealthy is leverage. The wealthy strategically focus their efforts on the most profitable areas of their business while leveraging their contacts, credibility and resources to maximize the result of every action they take. Hard work to the wealthy means outthinking their competitors and leveraging the collective brainpower of their advisors.
7. Build your own ship: Stop waiting for your ship to come in and build your own ship. Maybe you're waiting around for God, the government, your boss, spouse or the hero on the white horse to come riding in to save you. It's never going to happen. Create a daily plan of action that will move you closer to financial independence.
8. Get around wealthy people: If you want to lose weight, you would get around fit people. If you wanted to become more religious, you would spend more time in church. If you want to get wealthy, get around other wealthy people. Consciousness is contagious. One of the best ways to become wealthy is to follow in the footsteps of someone who has already done it.
9. Think of the future: Create a written vision for your life five years down the road. If you could do anything you wanted to do and live any way you wanted to live, what would that look like? What would it feel like? Start training yourself to dream big and ignore the naysayers who laugh at you and call you crazy. Someday they'll be asking you for a job.
10. Learn to be uncomfortable. Most people just want to be comfortable, be it physical, psychological or emotional comfort. Becoming a millionaire isn't easy and the need for comfort can be devastating. If you want to attract the big money, you have to learn to be comfortable while operating in a state of ongoing uncertainty. There's a price to pay for getting rich, but if you have the mental toughness to endure temporary pain, you can reap the harvest of abundant wealth for the rest of your life.
As entertainer Sophie Tucker said, "I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better."