| || |
The Lucky Sperm Club. A select (albeit unofficial) club populated by powerful men who owe their exalted status in life not to talent, intelligence, creativity, or hard work but to winning the sperm lotto by having the great good fortune to be born into a powerful family.
Plamegate has brought together a pair of Lucky Sperm Club members: George W. Bush and Arthur “Pinch” Sulzberger, Jr. Two guys who, to borrow a phrase from Pete Hamill, were born on third base but think they hit a triple. And who are now busy trashing the stadium.
These two Lucky Spermers find themselves in deep trouble at the moment, plagued by charges of incompetence and cronyism.
This got me thinking: what else do W and Pinch have in common? Turns out quite a bit.
Don’t believe me? Just take this handy “Lucky Sperm Club Quiz”. You decide: is it W or is it Pinch? [Answers below]
1. Which of these men had a father who was considered stupid but is now thought to be a genius compared to his son?
2. Which of these men is currently on the defensive about his support for an incompetent woman in his office?
3. Which of these men may have to ask for the resignation of a subordinate because of a mounting scandal?
4. Which of these men appointed as his top deputy a loyal member of his father's regime?
5. Which of these two men's favorite TV series was "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and even owned a watch with the inscription "Live Long and Prosper"?
6. Which of these men lists as his desert island must-haves a Bible, running shoes, fishing rod, and books?
7. Which of these men had a "defining moment" while on an Outward Bound trip?
8. Which of these men said that he decided to "recommit my heart to Jesus Christ” after a fateful walk on the beach?
9. Which of these men works out five times a week?
10. Which of these men works out six times a week?
11. Which of these men is reportedly referred to as "the nitwit" around the office?
12. Which of these men can’t stand it when people are late?
13. Which of these men spends an annual "Rambo" weekend out in the woods with friends?
14. Which of these men’s favorite dessert is pralines-and-cream ice cream?
15. Which of these men is the luckiest man on the face of the earth?
1: both 2: both (W for Miers, Pinch for Miller) 3: both (Rove/Miller) 4: both (Dick Cheney/Howell Raines) 5: Pinch 6: W 7: Pinch 8: W 9: Pinch 10: W 11: Pinch 12: W 13: Pinch 14: W 15: both