This dish is fabulous and has the most delicious sauce! And, it's packed with chicken and veggies. You'll love the 2 cup serving size. Each serving has only 267 calories, 8 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This recipe is a real keeper!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Stir-Fry:
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cut into bite size pieces
2 cups onions, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups zucchini, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons water
1 (10-12 ounce) bag shredded cabbage, about 5 cups
Ingredients for Sauce:
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame, canola or olive oil
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 dash red pepper flakes
1. First prep all vegetables and dice the chicken. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix until well blended. Set aside.
3. Coat a large nonstick wok or pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook stirring often, until cooked through and white inside. Remove to a plate.
4. In the same pan, coat with more cooking spray and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions, broccoli, zucchini, red bell peppers and water. Sauté over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is soft. Add cabbage and sauté another 2 minutes until cabbage is soft. Turn down to medium heat, add cooked chicken and sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until all heated through. Stir constantly to blend everything.
5. Store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
Makes 4 servings. (each serving, ~2 cups)
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
SKINNY FACTS: for 2 cup serving
267 calories, 8g fat, 0mg chol, 28g prot, 23g carbs, 5g fiber, 709mg sod, 6g sugar
1. The nutrition facts were calculated on Spark People.com.
2. The Weight Watchers POINTS were calculated on CalculatorCat.com.
For more Skinny Kitchen recipes, please join me at: http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Follow Nancy Fox on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SkinnyKitchen
Follow Nancy Fox on Twitter: www.twitter.com/skinnykitchen
Follow Nancy Fox on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/skinnykitchen/