Making it to the Olympics takes talent, money, luck and years of practice.
So on Thursday, folks online shared their amusing excuses for why they didn’t make it to the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Games in South Korea.
Even NBC, the official U.S. broadcaster of the Olympics, got involved in the #DidntMakeTheOlympicsBecause hashtag on Twitter:
#DidntMakeTheOlympicsBecause tweeting isn't an Olympic sport ¯\_(ツ)_/¯— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) February 15, 2018
#DidntMakeTheOlympicsBecause coffee drinking isn't a sport (yet)— Death Wish Coffee (@DeathWishCoffee) February 15, 2018
#DidntMakeTheOlympicsBecause— тнαт ѕσ¢¢єя мσм ⚽️ ❤️ (@chivelicious) February 15, 2018
Retweeting is not considered an Olympic sport.
#DidntMakeTheOlympicsBecause running away from my responsibilities apparently don't count.— Aimee Lee Young (@AimzLeeYoung) February 15, 2018
#DidntMakeTheOlympicsBecause beer pong hasn't been recognized as an Olympic sport yet.— Natural Light (@naturallight) February 15, 2018
- Tongan Flag Bearer Sets Himself Inspirationally Low Bar For Olympic Success
- Jamaica's Olympic Bobsleigh Coach Quits, Reportedly Threatens To Take Sled
- GOP And Democratic Lawmakers Hijack Senate Hallway For Olympic Curling
- Bode Miller Makes Dumb Comment About Marriage Affecting Olympic Skier's Results
- Olympic Skier Gus Kenworthy Has A ‘Game Of Thrones’ Doppelgänger
- Olympians Shut Down Local Fox Anchor Who Said Figure Skating Is 'Not A Sport'