As much as “Gilmore Girls” creator Amy Sherman-Palladino apparently fought against releasing all upcoming episodes of the show at once, Netflix announced today that the complete four-part revival will be available for streaming Nov. 25. (Watch the teaser trailer here.)
At a panel discussion during the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California, on Wednesday, “Gilmore Girls” cast members Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel and Scott Patterson dished out plot details alongside Sherman-Palladino and executive producer Daniel Palladino. The panelists revealed some tantalizing tidbits of information about Rory’s ex-boyfriends, but as for one of the show’s biggest mysteries ― which four words will serve as a series finial ― the creator suggests fans just chill, already. We will all hear them in due time.
Here are some other things to look forward to:
1. After all this time, the Gilmores still have their family squabbles.
2. The death of Edward Herrmann, who played lovable Gilmore father/grandfather Richard, affects all of the characters.
3. In a show built on pop culture references, “Game of Thrones” is not left out.
4. Stars Hollow may look ever-so-slightly different. Especially the Gilmore family mansion.
5. Rory’s exes ― Dean, Jess and Logan ― will show up in one way or another.
6. But Rory’s life doesn’t just revolve around her love interests. She’s got a possibly not-so-great journalism career.
7. No one has definitively ruled out even more episodes.
Finally, Graham nailed exactly why “Gilmore Girls” has such staying power, even nine years after it went off the air.
“Gilmore Girls” returns with four new 90-minute episodes Nov. 25 on Netflix.
Don’t know what to watch on Netflix? Message us on Facebook Messenger for TV and movie recommendations from our editors!