- Bob Iger, ABC, on how much of ABC's $35 billion in annual revenue comes from digital: "It's about a billion-five in digital."
- Sumner Redstone, Viacom: "Viacom will double its revenues this year from digital."
- Rupert Murdoch, NewsCorp, on the digital "golden era": "I hope it's a golden era...It is certainly one with golden opportunities."
- Ben Silverman, NBC: "Content is gonna be more and more and more important. We all have PDAs, we all have cellphones with screens, we've all experienced the screens in the back of the taxicab, the screen inside the elevator, and we are one of the best companies in the world at feeding those screens."
- Les Moonves, CBS, on content, digital and otherwise: "But we will get paid for it regardless...we're gonna get paid no matter where you get it from."
Compare and contrast: Here's SNL's take from the Nov. 3/07 episode, which we've featured a clip of before but wouldn't upload in full for fear of bringing down the wrath of NBC upon our heads. Someone else did, though! Brave soul, thanks for that. Here's their take, courtesy of the Silicon Alley Insider:
ETP does not endorse that last line. But man, did that ever remind us of the first time we lost a tooth!
Read more about the strike on the Huffington Post's writers' strike page.