Location: NYC preferred; others considered for the strongest candidates.
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role: The Huffington Post is looking for a Senior World Editor to spearhead international news coverage for the U.S. site.
* Closely monitor major developments around the world and have a deep understanding of international affairs.
* Think globally, through a social-sharing lens.
* Have rock-solid news judgement, and a keen instinct for identifying which storytelling method and platform conveys the strongest message. Be just as comfortable with the printed word as you are with the power of video.
* Be a team player and a joy to work with -- teamwork is core to who we are at HuffPost. This role is a vital lynchpin between our US team, our partner the Berggruen Institute and our international editions.
* Have experience coordinating resources within a fast-moving environment. Remain level-headed during high-pressure news events.
* Know when a story matters and when it doesn’t -- and why, from a global perspective.
* Assign, edit and occasionally write international news content that will include a mix of hard news, analysis, features, videos (linear or VR/36), photo essays, timelines, graphics and viral content.
* Always strive to move a story forward. Honor the value of clarity, accuracy and speed. Know how to edit and write an engaging story that gets to the core of who, what, when and why it matters.
* Craft shareable and clickable headlines. Spot the details that make a story stand out.
* Use videos, images, graphics and interactives as imperative tools. Obsess over new storytelling techniques.
* Develop creative strategies to promote content on established and emerging platforms. Understand, and be able to articulate, how the social web is redefining news in a digital age.
* Believe in and be ready to execute solutions-focused journalism that embraces HuffPost’s ‘What’s Working‘ approach.
* World news doesn’t follow office hours - understand that flexibility is required.
* Foreign language skills are a plus.
Interested? Email a resume, cover letter and clips to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior World Editor application” in the subject line.
About The WorldPost: The WorldPost is a partnership between The Huffington Post and the Berggruen Institute. Its mission is to serve as a global media bridge that seeks to connect the world and connect the dots. Gathering together top editors and first person contributors from all corners of the planet, we aspire to be the one publication where the whole world meets. We not only deliver breaking news from the best sources with original reportage on the ground and user-generated content; we bring the best minds and most authoritative as well as fresh and new voices together to make sense of events from a global perspective looking around, not a national perspective looking out.
About HuffPost: The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, Australia, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, the Middle East, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India, with more on the way.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.