Whether you have a friend, co-worker, loved one, or simply want to treat yourself as a survivor — I have created The TBI Gift Giving Guide just for you!!
Each of the items on the list have been hand picked by me and most have been created by fellow TBI survivors — I am all about supporting each other in this community! (there are a few “products” on the list that I use every day and highly recommend)
Of course, I have to start off the list with my own book because I really truly do believe in it and feel that it should be required reading for all healthcare professionals, students, caregivers, and survivors. You can find all of my other book suggestions HERE.
1. Life With a Traumatic Brain Injury: Finding the Road Back to Normal - by Amy Zellmer
2. Brain Tips: Inspirational and Motivational Calendar - by Cheryle Sullivan, MD
3. Hope Survives CD - by Cristabelle Braden
4. TBI Healing Box - by Grace Quantock
6. LoveYourBrain - by Kevin Pearce
7. To Root and To Rise - by Carole Starr
8. Thera Cane
11. Pill Organizer
FREEBIE ALERT!! Here is a list of FREE magazines and podcasts that anyone is sure to enjoy!!
1. TBI Hope & Inspiration Magazine - by David Grant
2. The Challenge! Magazine - by the Brain Injury Association of America
3. Faces of TBI Podcast series - by Amy Zellmer
4. Adventures in Brain Injury Podcast Series - by Cavin Balaster
5. TBI TV — by Amy Zellmer
** note: some links listed above may be affiliate links **
Read more by Amy Zellmer on Huff Post: www.huffingtonpost.com/author/amy-zellmer-634
Amy Zellmer is an award-winning author, speaker, and advocate of traumatic brain injury (TBI). She is a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post, and has created a privateFacebook group for survivors and also produces a podcast series. She sits on the Brain Injury Advisory Council (BIAC) through the Brain Injury Association of America’s and is involved with the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance. She travels the country with her Yorkie, Pixxie, to help raise awareness about this silent and invisible injury that affects over 2.8 million Americans each year.
In November, 2015 she released her first book, “Life With a Traumatic Brain Injury: Finding the Road Back to Normal” which received a silver award at the Midwest Book Awards in May, 2016. Her second book, “Surviving Brain Injury: Stories of Strength and Inspiration”is a collection of stories written by brain injury survivors and caregivers and was released November 2016. for more information: www.facesoftbi.com
Hear Amy’s story as she is interviewed on It’s A Woman’s World local access television: