If you expect to put up a Facebook Ad, spend $50 and get results, don't even bother. I am seeing so many people right now expect magic to happen overnight with their Facebook Ads. If it was that easy then EVERYONE would be doing this and making bank off of it.
Here are my top three tips for using Facebook Ads for your business' advantage.
1. Hire an expert who knows how to test and properly optimize ads, do not try to DIY your ads or your funnel. Your Facebook Ads and sales funnel are the backbone of your business and marketing. Unless you are a marketing expert or Facebook Ads guru, you should not be DIYing these. It's so important to be focusing on what your zone of genius is in your business rather than trying to do it all.
2. Do not get frustrated if after you spent $20 on ad spend you don't see the results your mentors are seeing. Every million dollar launch has close to $100,000+ put in to ad spend ALONE. So if you are seeing their numbers just know you are not seeing what it took to get them those numbers! When I budget for my launches I assume that only 1% of the people I am marketing to are going to purchase my product. If more people purchase then that's a bonus! I hate seeing entrepreneurs have huge expectations and set themselves up for disappointment in their business. I have a launch coming up in January and here is how I am working my numbers:
- I want a $100,000 launch.
- My product is $2,000 and with early bird prices it will average at about $1,750.
- My Facebook Ads convert at 50 cents to $1.50 an email lead.
- I need to get about $15,000 people on my list to market to to hit that 1%.
- My ad spend prior to the launch will be about $10,000 to make $100,000 on my launch.
- That may sound like a lot but if you have to spend $10,000 - $15,000 and you make $85,000 - $90,000 of profit that is amazing numbers.
If you don't have that much money to put in to ad spend that is fine. You can still launch a product or program, but you won't have a $100,000 launch off the bat. Which is completely normal. Most people spend the first three years of their business not making money and putting everything back in. You're growing a business that you will have forever if you choose. Investing back in to it is absolutely necessary, especially in the first few years of your business.
3. Test, test, test until it works! Don't get discouraged after a little while. Keep testing and working it until you have the ads converting how you want! If your ads convert the first time that is rare. If it was easy for people to have ads converting then every single business would be doing this. It takes consistent work, and trial and error to create a converting ad.
The most important thing to do is to have a plan and be ready to invest in your business when you are implementing a funnel. Your sales funnel is the backbone of your business and the core of your sales and success. If you are in a position where you have to DIY it, it might better to wait until you can invest and do it right the first time. When done, right sales funnels have the potential to make you hundreds of thousands of dollars in your business.
If you would like help with your sales funnel in your business schedule a first class strategy call here: