CRIME
02/19/2017 10:48 am ET

Schoolkids Face Charges After Trump's Motorcade Is Hit With Wood

A group of middle schoolers in Palm Beach, Florida, allegedly plotted tossing the two-by-four block.

Five middle school students are facing charges after authorities say a small block of wood was thrown at President Donald Trump’s motorcade in Florida on Friday.

One of the children confessed to chucking the two-by-four piece and implicated four others in the brazen plot, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office stated in a release Saturday.

The president was heading to his part-time residence of Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach after attending a public rally in Melbourne when the incident occurred, the Palm Beach Post reported.

Schoolchildren allegedly tossed this two-by-four at President Donald Trump's motorcade on Friday.
Palm Beach County Sheriffs Office
Schoolchildren allegedly tossed this two-by-four at President Donald Trump's motorcade on Friday.

WPTV initially reported that it was a rock that had been thrown.

After ensuring that the president arrived at his home safely, members of his motorcade returned to the scene to look for objects that may have been thrown, as well as witnesses. It was during that search that they recovered the block, authorities said.

The sheriff’s office said that charges will be filed with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office.

HuffPost

BEFORE YOU GO

CONVERSATIONS