(And want to get The Morning Email each weekday? Sign up here.)
BREAKING DOWN THE RUSSIA REVELATIONS Two bombshell reports dropped Monday from The Washington Post and BuzzFeed. The first alleged that the United Arab Emirates set up a secret meeting in January between Betsy DeVos’s brother, Erik Prince ― the founder of Blackwater ― and a Russian who was close to President Vladimir Putin “as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump.” And BuzzFeed confirmed former Trump advisor Carter Page “met with and passed documents to a Russian intelligence operative.” [WaPo]
THE GOP HEALTH CARE DEAL ISN’T DEAD YET “House Republicans still don’t have a deal to revive their health care bill, but the White House is laying the groundwork for negotiations to move quickly, meeting individually Monday with moderates and conservatives to discuss a possible agreement.” [HuffPost]
‘THIS IS HOW THE NEXT WORLD WAR STARTS’ David Wood examines how an intercept gone wrong could mean WWIII. [HuffPost]
AUTHORITIES IDENTIFIED ST. PETERSBURG BOMBER Akbarzhon Jalilov, a Russian citizen born in Kyrgyzstan, is the top suspect in the blast that killed 11 and wounded 45 on a St. Petersburg train. [Reuters]
NORTH CAROLINA BATTLED OUT A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WIN OVER GONZAGA Which this author called since she’s been loyal ever since winning her eighth grade pool with the help of the Tar Heels. [Reuters]
HYUNDAI AND MERCEDES-BENZ PULL ADS FROM ‘O’REILLY FACTOR’ Over the latest sexual harassment allegations against host Bill O’Reilly. [HuffPost]
DEMOCRATS HAVE LOCKED IN THE VOTES FOR A FILIBUSTER ON NEIL GORSUCH The so-called “nuclear option” is looking more likely than ever. [HuffPost]
AT LEAST 35 DEAD IN SUSPECTED GAS ATTACK IN SYRIA Nine of the victims in the northwestern province of Idlib were children. [Reuters]
INSIDE THE HUGE SPORTS SEX ABUSE SCANDAL You haven’t paid enough attention to. [HuffPost]
YOU’D THINK IT’S GREAT NEWS TO LEARN YOU CAN BUY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ON AMAZON But here’s why you shouldn’t. [HuffPost]
ANNE HATHAWAY IS OVER EVERYONE ASKING WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE HATED “How the world feels about me has nothing to do with me.” [HuffPost]
TAKE 20 PERCENT OFF FOR EQUAL PAY DAY At over 300 businesses. [HuffPost]
OF COURSE ‘S-TOWN’ ALREADY HAS 10 MILLION DOWNLOADS ALREADY You mean you haven’t finished the hit podcast yet? Feel free to email in with commentary, we’re always up to discuss. [HuffPost]
BEFORE YOU GO
- Take a look at Melania Trump’s first official White House portrait.
- We’re getting mixed signals about a “Big Little Lies” season two, and you just can’t jerk us around on news like that.
- The internet cannot handle Michelle Obama rocking her natural hair.
- This teen is proof punching a shark in the face works.
- Deciphering Zayn Malik’s new tattoo.
- For Alec Baldwin, a leaked 2007 voicemail forever injured his relationship with his daughter.
- Meet the “Banksy of punctuation.”
- Take a look at the states where the pay gap is the worst.
- Harrison Ford will keep his pilot’s license after nearly colliding with a passenger plane.
- All is right with the world: There are now lullaby versions of your favorite “Hamilton” songs so your kid isn’t left out of the fun.
- Make sure your EpiPen is not one of the ones recalled by Mylan.
- And find out where President Trump donated his salary thus far.