The Truth or Dare Podcast invites leading experts to share from their life’s best work in order to help listeners boost their social health.
Today’s featured guest is Kelly Flanagan. Kelly is a licensed clinical psychologist, as well as a father whose blog drew attention when he began writing letters to his children. Several of his posts have gone viral, including one he wrote from a makeup aisle that landed him and his 4-year old daughter on the TODAY show. He's authored a book, which released in May, called Loveable.
You can also go back to catch the previous episodes you’ve missed:
- The debut episode with Social Media Historian, Allison Graham.
- Episode 2 with professor and author, Cal Newport, who writes on the value of unbroken concentration.
- Episode 3 with best-selling author Sherry Turkle who teaches us how to learn from watching the people around us.
- Episode 4 with Stanford lecturer, Matt Abrahams, who delivers several practical tips to improve our speaking ability.
- Episode 5 with Dr.Ivan Joseph who talks about boosting self confidence.
- Episode 6 about how our thoughts are sometimes hijacked by fear, with Dr.David Myers.
- Episode 7 about how shared experiences create bonds between people, with Dr. Robin Dunbar.
- Episode 8 about how memories should make us more tolerant, with Dr. Elizabeth Loftus.
- Episode 9 about how our identities now have online components, with Dr. Ulrike Schultze.
- Episode 10 about how words define and heal us, with Dr. James Pennebaker.
- Episode 11 about how morals are shaped, with Eden Collinsworth.
- Episode 12 about how to face difficult conversations with Sheila Heen.
- Episode 13 about how to feel more socially at ease with Patrick King.
- Episode 14 about the link between beauty and kindness with Dr.Eva Ritvo.
- Episode 15 about connecting well with your own children with Brian Housman.
- Episode 16 about the ways our purchases impacts human trafficking with Justin Dillon.
- Episode 17 featuring a simple way to get to know loved ones with Vickie Mullins.
- Episode 18 featuring the secret on how to be loveable with Kelly Flanagan.
You can listen on any of the platforms listed below. Be sure to subscribe so you’ll be alerted when new episodes come out each week!
Or, learn more about author and host, Sarah Raymond Cunningham, at sarahcunningham.org.