As a defiant response to Sad Desk Lunches, the Food52 team works to keep our midday meals both interesting and pretty. Each week, we'll be sharing our happiest desk lunches -- and we want to see yours, too.
Today: As the fall gets busier, don't let your lunches fall by the wayside -- we've got you covered.
Ah, summertime -- everything was a little slower and quieter. Which meant that you had way more time (and tons of beautiful, fresh produce) to make your lunch. But now, as things get chillier, everything starts to move more quickly.
In all the hustle and bustle, don’t let your lunch-making fall by the wayside. Lunch provides an important break in the middle of the school or work day, as well as the energy to keep you going through the afternoon. Even at your busiest, you don't want to miss out on either of those things. (Because then you might get hangry.) To help, we’ve pulled together some of the best advice and inspiration for keeping your school or work lunches in tip-top shape, without sacrificing much time at all. Planning ahead is key -- do so, and you'll have wonderful lunches throughout the fall.
1. First, read up on make-ahead staples, and make a batch or two on Sunday afternoon.
2. Keep these 5-minute lunches in your back pocket for the busiest of mornings.
3. Put your Thermos to good use with these packable soup ideas.
4. Grab an extra tub of yogurt and use it as a base for your lunch -- with lots of savory add-ins.
6. Memorize these sandwich strategies; treat yourself to a handy sandwich wrap while you're at it.
7. Stock up on tinned fish and use them in a sea of ways.
What lunches are you packing this fall? Tell us all about them in the comments!
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 8 Ideas for Back-to-School (or -Work) Lunches