12/04/2010 11:40 am ET Updated Dec 06, 2017

How Do I Celebrate Our Anniversary?

Dear Dr. George,

I have been dating the same guy for two years. He's such a wonderful man: good-looking, generous, politically, socially and environmentally-active, and really funny! Do you have any thoughts on what I can do that's fun, romantic and memorable for our two-year anniversary (March 27th)?

---Susie D.

Dear Susie,

How about this idea... send a hand-written letter that you slip under his door or in his mailbox. A sprinkling of your perfume on the paper should jump-start his senses.

Invite him to your place on March 27th for his favorite home-cooked meal. Write that "dessert will be in the dark," as you will turn off the lights for sixty minutes in recognition of Earth Hour. One of my favorite charities, The World Wildlife Fund, is hosting this multi-national event to bring attention to climate-change.

Be sure to end your letter this way:

P.S. I'm the dessert.

Susie, enjoy the darkness and the fire that ensues.


P.S. I encourage readers to offer their own thoughts on great anniversary dates . Scroll to the bottom of the page to give Susie your comments.

It's tough out there in the real world. So many questions without good answers. My goal is to provide insight into life's more difficult dilemmas, offering sound clinical judgment mixed with a straight-from-the-hip attitude. Email me for free advice on any subject.

For those of you in the New York City area, I'm available for individual or couples counseling at my private practice. Call 646.807.8900, or click on link below for a free consultation. The Sachs Center (NYC): Specializing in ADD, ADHD, Anxiety and Depression in Children, Teens & Adults.

This blog and its content are for entertainment and informational purposes only and are not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, psychological or other advice. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.