Women of all ages care about their looks. Our face is always number one on the list. Of course our skin is most important but so is a beautiful smile, warmth and sparking eyes. In other words I believe personality is the most important ingredient of true beauty.
However, the second most important ingredient is taking care of our skin. Here are a few Honey Good tips to keep those sunspots and wrinkles from showing up prematurely -- or hopefully at all.
- Use sunblock. I know having the sun kissed look is promoted as the face of beauty, but what you don't think about are the lines that pop up suddenly and your skin looks like that beautiful brown leather handbag in your closet. Lather on your block. I use La Roche-Posay with Anthelios X. SPF 60.
- Have a daily skin care routine. Mine consists of Crème De La Mer (intense) with Serum De La Mer underneath. I just purchased a Sisley product, Black Rose Precious Face Oil (anti-aging nutrition) that I use at night.
- Get a good night's sleep. Everyone is different, but typically a solid 7-8 hours a night is what the body needs to keep from getting weary.
- Find and use the proper cleanser for your skin type. Not all skin is created equal. If you're unsure, consult a dermatologist so you make sure you're treating your skin with all the care you can.
- Invest in bi-weekly masks. These do-it-yourself masks you can leave on your skin. Crème De La Mer, lifting and firming mask is the mask I am using at the moment.
- Drink lots of water. Keep hydrated at all times.
- Don't smoke. So unfeminine. So unhealthy. Smoking adds wrinkles around your lips, too!
- Eat the right foods. There are specific foods that combat dry skin, so next time you're looking for a snack, try pears, cabbage, turmeric, lemons or watercress.