Twenty-year-old Craig Spells has one of the coolest jobs around: As a member of Seventeen Magazine's 2012 Hot Guy Panel, he models in the magazine and dishes out relationship advice to readers across the country. I caught up with Craig over the phone to chat about his go-to dating and relationship tips, from his biggest textiquette rules to the one big thing that can lead to a break-up. Here are his top five!
1. Crack a joke. Craig tells us that his dream girl "has to have a sense of humor. If she doesn't have a sense of humor, it would be boring to date her." Next time you're feeling nervous or tense around your crush, trot out a funny story or make a joke about something going on around you.
2. Don't worry about making the first move. "Forget about the butterflies and just approach the guy or girl and see what happens," says Craig. "Even if it doesn't work out, at least you tried. I would just go for it, whether it's a kiss or holding hands. Just try not to be nervous." (Girls, this goes for you, too!)
3. Be a "chatty Cathy." "I don't want to go on a date and not have anything to talk about. There should always be something to talk about," Craig says. And if there's a lull in the conversation? Don't sweat it - ask them a question about the book they're reading or the band on the t-shirt they're wearing.
4. Follow textiquette. No one expects you to be by your phone 24/7, but it is polite to respond within a reasonable amount of time -- especially if you were the one who initiated the conversation. "I don't understand when a girl will text me, and I'll text her right back, and she won't text me for hours. She's the one who texted me first, so I expected her to text me back right away. Two or three hours is not cool." No one likes to be left hanging!
5. Take it slow. Dating is fun, but it doesn't have to be a race or a competition. "Don't rush into things," Craig suggests. "Going too fast can lead to a break-up. Slow things down and just go along with the flow."
Guys, do you have your own foolproof dating advice to share? Apply for the 2013 Hot Guy Panel by September 14th!
What do you think of Craig's advice? What would you add? Spill in the comments below or tweet @HuffPostTeen!