This is an easy and healthy stew recipe that will be gracing our Crockpot all season long and hopefully yours too. We added it to our short list of simple recipes for those busy school nights that don't seem to allow us enough time for home cooked meals. It also makes for a comforting Sunday dinner after a hectic weekend. The savory flavor from the shoulder roast blends perfectly with the teriyaki taste of the potatoes and vegetables. We were thrilled with our first attempt at adding Brussels sprouts to the Crockpot. They turned out incredibly tasty!
- 1 ¾ pounds organic shoulder roast or English roast
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basting oil
- 2 cups organic beef broth
- ½ pound baby red potatoes
- ½ pound baby purple potatoes
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 cups baby carrots
- ½ c teriyaki marinade
- sea salt, to taste
- black ground pepper, to taste
1. Season the entire roast with salt and pepper.
2. Warm olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Sear all sides of roast (approximately 1 minute per side).
3. Place roast in Crockpot.
4. Pour beef broth and teriyaki over roast.
5. Add the baby potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and carrots. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
6. Set crock-pot on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5+ hours.
~Enjoy Healthy Crock-Pot Cooking!