Today, the Health Care for America Now coalition is having a national call-in day. Our message? The House of Representatives needs to pass reform now, before they go home for vacation.
Can you join us? Call toll free, 1-877-264-HCAN to be connected with your representative. Or click here to send them a free fax.
You won't be taking action alone. Throughout the country, our field organizers are mobilizing their communities to do the same thing. Our coalition partners are activating their members. We have a goal of 50,000 calls or faxes to Congress in one day. Pick up the phone and help us reach that goal!Why call Congress?
- Because 50 million people in America don't have health insurance
- Because those of us with insurance have seem our premiums rise three times faster than wages
- Because health care costs are crushing small business
- Because our current system of bureaucracy and rationing care needs to change
- Because we need a strong public health insurance option to lower costs and to keep insurance companies honest
- Because thousands of people wait in long lines in parking lots for health care and that's not right
- Because the House bill being proposed would save the average family $2,200 per year
- Because if Congress takes three weeks off, 143,250 people will lose their health insurance coverage [pdf], 53,507 people will file for bankruptcy because they can't pay their medical bills, and 1,265 people will die [pdf] because they lack coverage
- Because this is the change we voted for, and we meant it
(also posted at the NOW! blog)
I'm proud to work for Health Care for America Now