Even the smallest gesture of kindness can mean so much to someone. You never know when a simple smile or kind word could transform a bad day. The best thing about random acts of kindness? They are contagious. Doing something nice for a stranger or loved one will make them more motivated to pass on the good energy. Here are 22 random acts of kindness to get you started.
1. Put change in an expired parking meter.
2. Place extra coupons next to the corresponding item in the grocery store for one lucky shopper to find.
3. Pay the bridge toll for the car behind you.
4. Send a random thank you note to a former teacher who made an impact in your or your child's life.
5. Tape quarters to a vending machine with a note that snacks are on you!
6. Let someone go in front of you in line.
7. Write a positive Facebook comment on a friend's page.
8. Surprise your child, spouse or coworker with a lunchbox (or briefcase) note.
9. Donate craft supplies and activity books to a children's hospital.
10. Tell a store manager about an employee you were particularly impressed with.
11. Offer to return someone's grocery cart from the parking lot.
12. Bring your neighbor's trash can in from the curb after trash day.
13. Write a note of encouragement on the inside cover of a good book and leave it in a hospital waiting room.
14. Pay-it-forward -- send flowers to a nursing home.
15. Hold the door open for someone.
16. Tip someone whose not expecting it like your nanny or butcher.
17. Leave a pile of pennies next to a fountain so everyone can make a wish.
18. Write a positive online review for a small business in your neighborhood.
19. Buy a stranger a lottery ticket.
20. Donate coats and blankets to a homeless shelter.
21. Send a letter to a member of the military thanking them for their service.
22. Give a compliment to the first three people you see today.