1. A hair tie. They come in packs of 50, 100; I'm pretty sure Costco even sells them in bulk! Yet when you only need one because your hair looks like it just flirted with the top of a balloon, they all seem to be playing an extraordinary game of hide-and-seek.
2. The energy to get off the couch and go to the gym. Because your butt would so much rather be cheek-to-cheek with a soft cushion then on a monster machine making it move up and down to the beat of some Ke$ha song.
3. The subway train you need to catch on your morning commute to work. Because the B and the D train will always run on time. But your F train -- forget about it. It's like an ex-boyfriend. It only comes around when it feels like it.
4. Your phone charger. Don't even bother texting me after 3:30 p.m.
5. Enough spare change to pay for something that's $2.11 so you don't have to break a $20 bill.
6. Tissues for a stubborn, runny nose.
7. An open seat in the food court. After you've purchased your lunch and you're trying to juggle your purse and a tray full of French fries, you'll have to eat on top of a garbage can until a seat or a table opens up.
8. The right words to say when someone asks you how you feel about something so you don't sound like you're juggling marbles in your mouth.
9. A tampon.
10. That one final ingredient for the meal you've just rummaged together enough guts to finally whip up in the kitchen.
11. An outlet at a coffee shop so you can juice up your laptop.
12. The name of a song or a movie or an actor when you're in the middle of a conversation with a group of people also having a giant brain freeze.
13. A few extra minutes to get ready in the morning.
14. A plus one for a terribly boring event or a wedding.
15. A CVS or a drugstore -- though it sometimes seems like there is one on almost every corner.
16. That book you want to check out from the library because you don't have enough of a disposable income to buy it full-price at the bookstore.
17. A text message from your ex telling you that they are sorry or that they love you. Or both.
18. The courage to burst out an I'm sorry or an I love you. Or both.