I turned 41 this week. It's not old in the grand scheme of things, but I can start to feel old age settling in. It's creeping up on me more and more every year and I don't know if there is much that I can do to stop it. Here are seven things that I have noticed about getting older.
1. You get hurt for no reason. I was cleaning my closet and strained my knee hanging up a shirt.
2. You watch 60 Minutes. I never used to watch the show. My dad watched it and Murder She Wrote. Thankfully, that's not on anymore, or my DVR would be full of Angela Lansbury as well.
3. You enjoy crosswords. I don't do them all the time, but I think about doing them, which I think is worse.
4. You eat things like brussel sprouts... AND ENJOY THEM. I love them roasted with a little bit of oil and salt. I never would have given them a second thought if I was younger.
5. You have a battle between your ear hair and your back hair to see which can grow faster. Yeah... it's not the most glamorous thing.
6. You have thoughts of joining a bowling league. I'm on a baseball team and while it would be cool to join something a little faster-paced like a basketball league, I just don't think it's up my alley.
7. You watch HGTV. I love watching sports, but I find myself switching over to shows like House Hunters International more and more. Choosing between three villas in the Italian Alps is way more riveting than a Tuesday baseball game in the middle of August.
There are probably more things... but they escape my mind. Oh, I guess there's that thing as well.
This article originally appeared on Dads Roundtable