"May the Fourth be with you." Nope, that's not a typo. That's the phrase you'll hear in every comic book store, action figure aisle, and GameStop across the planet this Saturday.
May 4 is unofficially "Star Wars Day." In other words, it's the only time of the year -- other than Comic-Con -- that grown adults can run around with plastic blaster rifles and carry on conversations in Ewokese without ridicule.
And considering that it falls on a weekend, you can bet a million Galactic Credits there will be a record-breaking number of Star Wars-themed weddings.
If you're a casual nerd, and by casual I mean the kind that doesn't have The Empire Strikes Back bed sheets, you might not know how to celebrate this glorious day. Below are 25 activities that will help you pay homage to a galaxy far, far away without ever leaving your own neighborhood.
- Watch 24 hours of bonus footage from Star Wars: The Complete Saga, only pausing to put Pizza Rolls in the oven.
- Choreograph a 10-minute lightsaber fight with your best friend, and then perform it in front of strangers at a local shopping mall.
- Channel Han Solo and smuggle Red Vines out of your parents' pantry.
- Create a Chewbacca sock puppet [instructions here].
- Finally figure out how to Force Choke someone (this might take a while).
- Paint R2-D2 graphics onto a metal garbage can.
- Answer every incoming phone call with "It's a trap!"
- Freeze your mom's cat in carbonite.
- Jog or work out with a Yoda plush strapped to your back.
- Build a LEGO Death Star and then obliterate it with a well-placed drop kick.
- Change your license plate to "Red Five."
- Hire a trombonist to follow you around all day while playing "The Imperial March."
- Learn more about the Full Scale Millennium Falcon Project.
- Jedi mind trick your friends into cutting your lawn.
- Say, "I've got a bad feeling about this," every hour, on the hour.
- Give your significant other a Princess Leia metal bikini.
- Taze someone and yell, "Force Lightning!"
- Write Padmé or George Lucas a heartfelt poem.
- Build an Ewok Hang Glider using only tree branches and a roll of canvas.
- Create a Darth Vader mash-up video [see "Hard of Hearing Vader" below].
- Use Jedi bravery to muster up the courage to talk to a woman.
- Invent a Star Wars drinking game [e.g. take a shot every time R2 punks C-3PO].
- Address every female with, "Hellloooo, what have we here?" in your best Billy Dee Williams voice.
- Go in for a physical and ask your doctor for your midi-chlorian count.
- Talk in broken syntax like Yoda, you will.