Note: Do not read on if you have not seen Season 11, Episode 11 of ABC's Grey's Anatomy, titled "The Great Pretender"
Did I miss something? I guess I wasn't sure if April and Jackson's baby got a miracle or not. I assume not, since both are at home and not cuddled around an incubator. But do, please, let me know.
A lot of winter, female initiated crushing going on here, despite the sad news:
1) Richard and Mama Avery! Talk about a strong woman. She wants to nose around in her son's business and get it on. But she's not taking him back. Men are so needy, right?
2) Owen and Amelia. It took me a while to see what was going on here. But she sure knows how to make eyes at a dude. They aren't a great couple. But I don't mind romances of convenience. How awkward is it going to be this week?
3) Alex looking at Jo and talking about marrying her one day. How hard did you swoon?
4) Arizona and Callie both getting their groove back, in various ways. Arizona realizes that she's actually fun, thanks to some prodding from Geena Davis. And Callie goes out alone to pick up men. Didn't her mother warn her about that?
5) The big one is Meredith and Derek, of course, always, and forever. I knew from the start that she didn't go and was probably jumping on the bed in a hotel. Two things: who jumps on beds alone? Isn't that the equivalent of girls giving each other back rubs in pink underwear in the locker room in every middle school boy's daydreams? And, how is this long distance thing going to work, really? I see Derek meeting an east coaster and falling intellectually in love with her. Can we get some "Private Practice" style scenes of his life over there?
What do you think? And are you annoyed with Ben for being such a jerk to his sister? Let me know @karenfratti
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.