Five Steps to Make Fast and Meaningful Resolutions to Live Your Best (and Balanced) Life in 2015!
How do we make and keep meaningful resolutions for ourselves that set us on a path to passionate, fulfilling, and purposeful lives, amidst the busyness of our lives?
Now is the time to ask and answer this question for ourselves before we get lost in the to-do list of another year.
This year, instead of making a wish list of resolutions that often end up feeling overwhelming and requiring more time than we may be able to commit, take one day, and one resolution, at a time.
Here are five steps to make daily resolutions taking just 10 minutes each day. If you can make one resolution for yourself every day, and commit to acting on it that day, then you will find yourself moving toward all you desire in your life without feeling overwhelmed. More so, you will find the universe opens the right doors for you as it reciprocates your efforts.
- Take five minutes of "meditative space" and visualize all you want for yourself -- for your well-being, health, relationships, work, wealth, spirituality, and fun. Allow thoughts for what you want in your life to come to you. Allow the most important thought to stay with you as you leave your meditative space.
- Answer the question, "Into which 'shoes' do I need to step to move forward in this area of my life?"
- Answer the question, "Out of which 'shoes' do I need to step that hold me back?"
- What is the one step that I resolve to take today to move forward?
- Write your resolution affirmation, "I commit to (action) _____________________________ today, as I move closer to experiencing ______________________________________ in my life!"
That's it -- it seems simple, and it is. Yet, if you can commit to do this each day, the extraordinary life you are here to live will evolve with each day.
Some of the steps you need to take may not be simple steps. They may challenge you. They may cause you to question your work, your relationships, your beliefs, your purpose, your passions, your choices. And that is the point.
You only need to remember one thing. You hold the choices for your life in your hands. They belong to you completely. They are yours to make with each day. And with each day, the adventures of your life await your choices, and your resolutions.
Today, pause, choose, resolve!
"You can change your life, you can change another life, you can change the world. It is your choice. Today, allow nothing to stop you!"
Kathy Andersen's new book, Change Your Shoes, 365 Life Resolutions, is available now on amazon.com, and guides you through creating daily resolutions to move toward all you want in your life.
Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook COO and LeanIn.org Founder: "Kathy Andersen is an inspiration for every girl and woman who wants to achieve her dreams. After surviving over a decade of sexual abuse by her father, Kathy had the courage and determination to 'change her shoes' and build the life she wanted for herself. She now devotes herself to helping others. This book will give girls and women a daily tool to overcome challenges and build the futures they desire."
Jack Canfield, Co-Creator of the #1 New York Times Bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul® Series and Coauthor of The Success Principles, "Kathy's book is an invaluable tool to help you do one of the most important things you can do for yourself--commit to doing one thing each day that will get you closer to all you want in your life."
For more by Kathy Andersen on Huffington Post, click here.