1. Uggs. Yes, they are cliche and some say not the prettiest, BUT they are definitely comfy and can be thrown on with jeans, leggings and even skirts. There is no doubt they keep you warm and are durable. I have been wearing Uggs for many years before they became a trend and each season, I love them more. My daughter has also become a fan and has several pairs, including an adorable pink sequin pair. But ladies, beware of the cute fad; sequined Uggs only look good when you're under a certain age :)
2. A North Face fleece. Yes, yes, it's also trendy and cliche, but again, it's warm as can be, and so well made. It's versatile because it is goes from the first sign of a chill to those really cold days that you don't want a bulky coat on. They have come along way from the original black fleece you can now find them in tons of colors and levels of fluffiness.
3. Black leather boots. They go with everything and girls of all sizes look adorable with some leggings or a skirt and leather boots.
4. A denim jacket. They never go out of style, and you always have an outfit that needs to be topped off with a cute denim jacket. They work for girls of all ages and can go from casual to dressy with some simple accessory changes.
5. Great headbands. You can find them in a variety of stores and for a range of prices. I find that the older Gigi gets, the more of my headbands end up in her bathroom. I find that some of the ones we love at Nordstrom and Saks often end up at the outlets for more than half off the original prices. When we see them there we snap them up!
6. A well-made backpack. No matter your stage of life, a good backpack always comes in handy. Gigi, of course, uses hers for school and sports, but I use mine for travel and for all-day events that require me carrying around lots of things. Gigi is a big fan of Kipling, The North Face and LeSportsac, and so am I, but all the big name designers are in the backpack scene too, like Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors.
7. Oversized sweaters. What better to top off leggings and your Uggs then a great, cozy sweater? The chunky knits keep you warm and are easy to wear and they are always a fall staple.
8. An armful of bangles and bracelets. These are fun and a perfect accessory for your fall looks. Mix up an armful of fun bracelets. Gi and I like to mix up a ton of Alex and Ani with some other textures and styles of bracelets. You can create a variety of looks by mixing up how and what you put together.
9. Some great scarves. This look is timeless and functional. Not only does a great scarf dress up a drab outfit, but it keeps you warm on a chilly day. I found some great ones at the big name outlets like Nordstrom Rack and the Bloomingdale's outlet for nearly half their original prices.
10. Faux fur vests and jackets and faux leather pieces. No matter if you're young or a wee bit older, faux fur is cozy and always an adorable topper to an outfit that needs a punch. I'm a big fan of leopard, but faux fur comes in many prints, colors and styles. Faux leather pants are adorable on younger girls now and if you don't feel young enough to pull off the leather pant, there are plenty of leggings out this season with a faux leather trim or knee patch etc that are great to wear! If you're still not feeling it, then try a faux leather-trimmed shirt or a nice sweater with faux elbow patches. They are everywhere this season!
I know it's easier to imagine a lot of this fashions on your tween than yourself, but all are appropriate for any age and will keep you in fall style !!