When it comes to updating a space, the gallery wall can be the perfect solution when it's done right! From entryways to dining rooms, an eclectic display of frames can be incorporated in just about any room. Here are five tips to help you create the ultimate gallery wall.
1. Keep to a general color scheme. This is key to creating a cohesive look with numerous pieces. Whether it's black, gold or silver, a general color scheme will allow your wall to look clean and put together.
2. Display paintings, prints and pictures. Are you drawn to black and white photos? Do you have one-of-a-kind artwork you want to display? This is the perfect opportunity to tell a unique story of your travels and adventures.
3. Mix contemporary, antique and personal pieces. Mixing in antique frames is one of the best ways to add a personal touch.
4. Lay out the frames on the floor before hanging. This will help you visualize how your wall will look when it's complete.
5. Start with two to four pieces in the center of the wall. Don't be afraid to use pairs and be sure to keep the frames at the same height to establish your focal point.