Still trying to figure out where to spend the last days of 2012? Whether you're flying solo or ready to hop a plane with your mate, consider these three seriously sexy places to end the year.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The beaches, the cuisine, the economy and the people have been on fire for years. As host of the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics, this major metropolitan city is poised to show off its goods to the world's stage. Be a trendsetter and experience the sexy side of Rio before the masses make their way down south. Walk the promenade of the Copacabana and enjoy the people watching as you feel the sexual energy in the air. Unwind in the clubs as bronzed bodies move in time to the Samba beat. Make the rounds at the beach bars in search of the best caipirinhas. And no vacation is complete without a Brazilian bikini souvenir.
- Sexy Solo To-Dos: Save your money and shake your tail feather for free on the beach in Copacabana as you ring in the New Year. You'll hear sets from international DJs and be witness to a firework display like no other.
- Sultry Couple To-Dos: Ditch the beach crowd and head to the revitalized neighborhood of Santa Teresa where cobblestoned streets and romantic storefronts are the perfect place to canoodle. Get dinner with a view at Aprazivel and watch the city lights twinkle below.
The air in Istanbul is alive with energy right now. The underground art and fashion scene is exploding with talent and spilling out onto the pedestrian-friendly streets. With reasonably priced boutique hotels and lavish five-star offerings, you will not have a problem finding a place to stay. Strong Turkish coffee will keep you going all day and night as you explore the Harem in the Topkapi Palace or shop for rugs in the Grand Bazaar.
- Sexy Solo To-Dos: Hop aboard The Other Tour for a local look at Istanbul and it's people. Led by a 23-year-old Turk, you'll cap this 12+ hour tour with a shots of Raki and heart-pumping dance tunes in trendy Beyoglu.
- Sultry Couple To-Dos: Splurge on the best view of the city and the amazing New Year's Eve firework display at 360Istanbul. This swank hot spot serves up gourmet food and attracts a beautiful international crowd. Stay up 'til sunrise and bare witness to the dramatic backdrop that frames the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque at daybreak.
The pristine beaches and azure waters of the Andaman Sea scream Robinson Crusoe for the jet-set. This previous pirate sanctuary will spark your adventurous side when you escape to any one of the 104 islands that make up Langkawi. Go off-roading in a motorcycle, trek into the jungle searching for the seven Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls or make your way to an off the beaten path island where you'll have the beach all to yourself.
- Sexy Solo To-Dos: Make friends with the locals when you visit the evening hawker stalls in Kuah town. Fresh-caught seafood with Malay and Southern Thai influence abound. Bring your appetite and your sense of adventure.
- Sultry Couple To-Dos: Hire a boat and it's captain and spend the day island hopping. Snorkel or scuba in search of the beautiful underwater coral gardens and snuggle close at Pulau Singa Besear, an animal sanctuary, where you'll watch eagles, peacocks, monkeys and iguanas in their undisturbed habitat.