First Ladies have always garnered public attention. Their activism, political prowess, and style make most of them household names. Just recently, Martha Washington made headlines because historians are now trying to revamp her once frumpy image-- she apparently wore the Manolo Blahniks of her time on her wedding day and was quite beautiful and witty, despite earlier reports to the contrary. Haters!
But how well do you know your history? See if you can name these foxy former First Ladies and scroll down for the answer key. Then vote in our poll.
(Hint: seeing as this is the Style Page, I chose women that were particularly, well, stylish.)
**Scroll down for answer key**
1) Grace Coolidge, married to President Calvin Coolidge (1923-1929)
2) Ida McKinley, married to President William McKinley (1897-1907)
3) Abigail Adams, married to President John Adams (1797-1801)
4) Rosalynn Carter, married to President Jimmy Carter (1977-1981)
5) Dolley Madison, married to President James Madison (1809-1817)
6) Jackie Kennedy (okay, so that was easy), married to President John F. Kennedy (1961-1963)
7) Julia Tyler, married to President John Tyler (1841-1845)
*Fun facts taken from the National First Ladies Library website.
Who Is The Ultimate Game Changer In Style? VOTE NOW!