It's already the middle of June and college graduations are over. The questￂﾠfor jobs has begun. Right about now there is always an influx of college graduates making appointments at the salon. Most are in a real quandary about their hairￂﾠeven as they sit in my chair. They realize how imperative it is to look appropriate for their job interviews.
They are right to beￂﾠnervous. The job market is tight. The candidate who interviewsￂﾠbest always gets the job. The image theyￂﾠproject is the first thing the employer notices. Looking right is key to landing employment.
1) Your hair is as important as the clothes you wear to the interview. Make sure your hair is clean and simply styled. Cut your hair if it is excessively long or scraggly. Avoid extreme styles or cutsￂﾠthat leaveￂﾠhair hiding your face.ￂﾠMake an appointment with your hairdresser for a blow dry the day of your interview. If you color your hair, make sure it looks natural and that your roots are not noticeable. Now is not the time to experiment with a new hair color.
2) Your makeup should look pretty without being obvious.It should be light and transparent. Avoid heavy eyeliner or smoky eyes. Dark or too-bright lips are always inappropriate.ￂﾠ
3) Don't forget about your nails. Well manicured nails are noticed and essential. Trendyￂﾠcolors (purple, turquoise), decorativeￂﾠor chipped nails are not advisable.
4) Perfume should be minimal. Be careful not to use a heavy scent. You do not want to give the person who is interviewing you a headache. The safest bet is toￂﾠuse only deodorant.
4) Wear clothes that will cover all tattoos.ￂﾠIf you have one on the back of your neck, wear your hair downￂﾠor disguise the tattoo with makeup. It's also a good idea toￂﾠremoveￂﾠall piercings.ￂﾠￂﾠ
5) Dress in attire that is appropriate for your desired position. It is best to err on the conservative side. Always avoid clothes that are revealing, flamboyant or overly trendy.
Your appearance is the first thing a potentialￂﾠemployer notices. Itￂﾠdefines you as much as your resume. Always remember that you are preparing for a job interview and not a night on the town. Walkￂﾠin with confidence and don't forget to smile.