The other day, my babysitter had dug out my mom's Banana Bread recipe to make use of some "rotten" bananas. It was yum.
A few days later, I still had some old bananas lying around and was craving some coconut. It was a Sunday spring morning, and before I headed out to clean my garage, I made this with no fuss and no muss.Minutes later, most of it was already devoured...
- 2 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half white)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup "rotten" bananas
- ½ cup coconut
- 1 pat butter for the top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients together. The batter might seem a bit dry, but don't worry about it! [Note: the original recipe called for all sorts of sifting and sorting and mixing, but I don't have time for that, and turns out it was completely unnecessary.]
- Scoop mixture into a loaf pan and dot the top with butter (if you feel like it).
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes--or until a knife or wooden kabob stick comes out clean.
For more from Maria Rodale, visit www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com