The Art of Receiving
Take a moment and TAKE a breath in and exhale.
Notice how it feels to take a breath in.
Do this a couple of times.
Now let yourself RECEIVE your breath and let it out.
Receive it a couple of times.
Can you feel the difference between receiving and taking in?
Was receiving more relaxed, allowing, expansive and feel natural?
Did you notice that TAKING IN felt like a forced action, a to-do agenda, with expected outcome?
Were you wondering, "Is this what it should feel like?" or "Was that good enough?" It is the same with receiving things into your life like money, relationships and events. Life is always offering us opportunities to receive what you desire, but we self-sabotage ourself with questing whether we should accept it or whether we were good enough to receive it.
It is natural for you to have what you desire, but when you put a "but" or judgements after your desire, you cancel your desire. Taking life's offerings rather than receiving them is when you set conditions for receiving. You actually are making it harder for yourself. It is easier and effortless when you allow yourself to receive naturally knowing you are a deserving human being.
An example of our thinking: I'd love to travel to Paris at Christmas time, but (I have to work, I don't have the money, my family will be disappointed in me...) Claiming your desire = gas. Buts and judging = puts on the breaks. Going back and forth is like driving with the gas and brake on at the same time.
You may not know that you are are as powerful as you are and that you are the creator of whatever you desire in your life. So, to wake you up to your power and the love that you are, the universe is going to create opportunities for you to work through your issues through your daily challenges in order for you to learn the truth of your worthiness. Is that helpful?
My own training to receive began with allowing myself to receive a compliment. Opportunities to say "thank you" are the beginnings of receiving more of everything.
Here Are 7 Steps To Becoming A Better Receiver
1. Every time someone gives you a compliment, say "thank you!" and mean it. Take it into your heart like a precious gift. Don't deflect by giving them a compliment back, changing the subject or arguing with them that it is nothing special.
2. Be grateful for what you already have. Instead of focusing on what you don't have, be grateful for everything, situations, relationships... and yes, even your challenges. They are helping you to grow and create more of what you desire in your life. Challenges give you an opportunity to let go of all your beliefs that no longer serve you and create new empowering beliefs about your worthiness, safety, lovability, and connection to all.
3. Know you are worthy. Say, I AM WORTHY! Everyday, all day until you know it's true. The more you say it the more the universe will reveal the truth of that statement. Watch! Know that it is your childhood programming that has you feeling unworthy, not good enough, disconnected and unloveable.
Your unworthy feelings keep you from receiving. It is not YOUR truth. The truth is you were born worthy and perfect and there is nothing you have to do, be or have that will take that away from you. Stop listening to yours or other's negative thoughts.
4. Know you are not alone. Give the burdens of the HOWS to the Universe/God/Source which are conspiring to help you. Receive -- let the higher powers help you.
Say "YES!" to experiences that show up even though they may not seem connected to your desire. Your thinking mind is so limited compared to Source's abilities. There are also people who want to help you get what you desire. Money, which is energy, can show up in multiple ways and from multiple sources. Gifts, prizes, free stuff, inheritance, comps, etc. Be openminded.
5. Be committed to having what you desire in your life. Don't give up on what you really want. Be happy creating your desires. Keep that vision in sight and do something everyday to move towards it. Imagine having it already and how you feel in your body for five minutes a day. Ask Source to guide you to the right person, place or event and then stay aware of what shows up and follow the path of opportunities.
6. Use your intuition. Let your intuition, gut, inner guidance system guide you. Strengthen your relationship with your intuition so you completely trust it. Start asking Source questions, receive answers and then act on them. You have this gift, it may be buried deep inside you -- but we are all born with it. Your intuition will help you make better decisions.
7. Fall in love with yourself! This is a life-long adventure. Every day that you can find ways to love yourself more deeply. The more loving you feel, the more grateful you will feel for everything in your life. That loving energy will naturally attract to you more and more of what you love (high vibrations). Then you can naturally receive it! The more you practice these steps the quicker you will start naturally receiving what you desire.
Receive the gift that you are!