Fill your Instagram feed with snowboarding #powdershots to get stoked for the 2014/2015 season
It's just about this time of year when the new ski and snowboarding season feels within reach. In the old days, we'd transition to winter sports with print magazines and the annual release of new snowboarding films. Today, we have smartphones and Instagram to keep us stoked on a daily basis.
These are the 10 best Instagrams to follow for your daily #powdershots as we head into the new season (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Adam Moran: Peer through the lens of Burton Snowboards' team photographer.
2. Black Ops Valdez: Alaska is the #1 heli-snowboarding destination, and Valdez is its epicenter. Which means no shortage of steep #powdershots to populate your feed.
3. Burton Snowboards: The premier brand in snowboarding offers a balanced mix of new product, team riders, big airs, and fluffy #powdershots.
4. Dean Blottogray: It makes sense in general to follow professional photographers on Instagram, and snowboarding is no different.
5. Frequency: The Snowboarder's Journal offers a glossy magazine about the "voice of snowboard culture" on a quarterly basis...and the Instagram counterpart on a daily basis.
6. Last Frontier Heliskiing: A close second to Alaska, Northern BC Canada is a prime heli-boarding destination, and their Instagram is pure stoke on a year-round basis.
7. Jeremy Jones: One of the best big-mountain snowboarders of all time and the founder of both Jones Snowboards and Protect Our Winters (POW)
8. Mammoth Mountain: I learned of this season's first Sierra snowfall from Mammoth's Instagram. And sometimes you just want to see a scenic mountain shot, covered in six feet of fresh powder.
9. MICA Heliskiing: If it's not already obvious, I live for heli-assisted snowboarding. A big advantage of BC-based outfits like these is that you can do catskiing if the weather doesn't cooperate with the birds.
10. Whistler Blackcomb: Many of these photos are curated #regrams from the people who "live, work and play" there, making it that much more authentic and real.