Its time for the Academy Awards and Oscar is taking off his clothes and gold gilding himself in preparation. I want to throw an Oscar viewing party for my friends so I came up with some fun DIY decor ideas that are easy to do in your home, apartment or dorm.
Watch the DIY Oscars Party video above to see a DIY Red Carpet Selfie Wall -- for your guests to pose in front of for their own paparazzi moment -- and see how to go gold crazy, even with food, for an Oscar Gold entertaining table.
Download and print the "And The Oscar Goes To... " ballot that I use in the video here. Who's gonna win!?
Red Carpet Selfie Wall and an Oscar Gold Entertainment Table.
DIY party supplies...
- Red felt or cloth
- Roll of red mesh -- I found it in the wedding section but tulle would work too
- Gold glitter paper
- Thumb tacks
- Masking Tape
- Gold wrapping paper (could be the same from the selfie wall)
- Various plates, old suitcases, books, cake stands and bowls etc. for your food
- Bling ribbon - the same one I used in DIY Bling Organizers
- Printed ballots and pretty pens
- Candy wrapped in gold foil (Can be found in wedding section of craft store)
- Little gold mesh baggies (Can be found in wedding section of craft store)
- Vase, fresh flowers, champagne, etc.
- Mini Doughnuts
- Mini Cupcakes
- Potato chips
- Wilton's Gold Color Mist (Edible food color spray -- I got it in the cake decor section at Michael's)
- Gold Sprinkles
- Gold cupcake liners
- Fishbowl (optional, for serving chips)
- Butcher or waxed paper to protect surface from gold spray
Red Carpet Selfie Wall DO IT!:
- Tack up the red felt as the backdrop for the selfie wall.
- Style the mesh or tulle around the felt by tacking it in place to create some 3 dimensionality.
- Cut out various sized camera bursts from the glitter paper and double sided tape them to the felt.
- Take pictures of you and your friends paparazzi style!
All Gold Entertaining Table DO IT!:
- Place drop paper down on a flat surface and lay the finger foods you've selected out, in a single layer.
- Spray the food with the gold food spray, in a nice even manner.
- Top your cup cakes with some yummy gold sprinkles to make them shimmer like the stars! I got these cupcakes at the grocery store and took off the existing colored sprinkles before spraying them and sprinkling the edible gold stars.
- Lay your finished snacks out on various trays, bowls, etc.
And the Oscar goes to... YOU! For throwing a great party!