Turning your father into a zenned out, medidation-obsessed, savasana-loving yogi is a really good idea. Trust me, I did it. Here are the ten reasons why having a yoga dad is absolutely necessary.
1. He'll put his mat down next to the smelly, hairy guy in booty shorts to protect you from the prospect of getting smelly, hairy guy sweat on your mat. Or worse, your skin.
2. You can use his members-only 30% off all yoga gear promotion, because you know you'll look better in the new tie-dyed Lululemon leggings than he will.
3. He'll be the only one at the dinner table who understands when you say, "My neck is killing me from that supta baddha konasana."
4. He'll buy you hilariously punny shirts that say things like, "Keep Calm and Carry Om."
5. When they tell you to set an intention for class, you can break out your competitive side and make it your goal to hold your postures longer than 'ol Pops.
6. You'll forever have leverage over him because it was only after a whole year that he finally agreed to come to yoga with you... and now he's so hooked that he goes without you.
7. Taking a cue from #6, you'll be less creeped out by the older guys in class who come by themselves, because they're probably fathers too.
8. Never again will you have an excuse to not go to yoga, because your dad will:
a) wake you up at 7 a.m. for the 75-minute class.
b) leave work early to pick you up, meaning you'll never be transportation-less.
c) give you that "suit yourself" look when you complain about being tired and not wanting to go, obviously guilting you into going.
9. Your dad won't judge you when you ruin your hard work with dessert after dinner, and he'll probably join in.
10. In your text conversations, the praying hands emoji will become synonymous with spelling out the word "Namaste."