Incorporate this "move of the day" into your regular exercise regimen or just take a few minutes to give it a try. Each day will be a different move so you can do each one back to back or individually. Performing this one move each day will add up and you will begin to see noticeable changes in your body and an improved mental focus!
How it works: Hold the position for 30 seconds. Repeat five times.
Equipment required: None
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width. Lift arms overhead and turn palms to face one another.
- Bend knees and lower down toward the ground, bring thighs close to parallel with the floor. Shift hips back and lift chest.
- Begin to take deep slow breaths. Make sure knees stay behind toes and glutes/core stays engaged the entire time.
- Builds strength in hips and spine, which will help protect low back and knees during exercise.
- Improves posture by recruiting all the muscles in upper back.
- Increases balance.
For the full-length workouts, recipes and more please visit http://www.noratobin.com/blog.