Incorporate this "move of the day" into your regular exercise regimen or just take a few minutes to give it a try. Each day will be a different move, so you can do each one back to back or individually. Performing this one move each day will add up and you will begin to see noticeable changes in your body and an improved mental focus!
Photo Credit: Amy Tobin
1. Stretches the ankles, hips, thighs and groin.
2. Strengthens the back muscles.
3. Stimulates the organs.
1. Come onto your stomach with arms by your sides, palms face up. Bend both knees brining your heels as close to glutes as possible. Hold ankles or feet. Keep knees hip-width apart.
2. Strongly press heels up toward the ceiling and lift thighs away from the floor. Draw shoulder blades toward one another, relax your back and gaze forward.
3. Hold for five to 10 deep breaths.