There are thousands of things to do in Los Angeles, and it's near impossible to figure out how to make the most of your time on a short trip. Below are some of Party Earth's best well-rounded suggestions for anyone looking to get a 'little' off the beaten path.
1. Take a hike. Runyon Canyon (2001 North Fuller Avenue) and Griffith Park (4730 Crystal Springs Drive) are excellent places to see views of the universally recognized Hollywood sign, along with gorgeous views of Downtown and the LA basin.
2. Go shopping. Rodeo Drive and Robertson Boulevard are designer shopping meccas, while the Grove (189 The Grove Drive) and Third Street Promenade (Santa Monica and 3rd Street) offer a variety of options and entertainment.
3. Go to the Santa Monica Pier/Venice Beach (200 Santa Monica Pier). Enjoy a sunny day in the city with a sun-soaked walk down the historic pier, ride the roller coaster, eat some fresh seafood, and enjoy the views of Malibu and Palos Verdes. Then walk down the boardwalk towards Venice for vintage shopping, muscle beach, and some of the strangest people watching around.
4. See a show. Los Angeles hosts some of the best live music in the country. On any given night there are a dozen shows going on and the chance to see world-class acts in intimate venues. Check out historic places along the Sunset Strip like the Roxy, the Whiskey A Go Go, the Key Club, the Viper Room, as well as the Troubadour (9081 Santa Monica Boulevard).
5. Go to The Getty Museum and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). Both are world-class museums, and the former rests on a hilltop in the Santa Monica Mountains, giving visitors panoramic views of the city. Besides its solid permanent displays, LACMA (5905 Wilshire Boulevard) often houses exhibits focusing on cinema and music.
For more articles and reviews, go to Party Earth.