Who's to say Valentine's Day is only about champagne, chocolate and roses? Don't get me wrong, I will gladly cheers to you with a glass of Moￃﾫt, but this year especially, it's about way more than that for me.
It's about showing gratitude to those who keep me going when I've run out of spoons and inspiring me to rise above this disease when I feel like getting out of bed is impossible. In addition to my tremendous support systems at home and at work, there's another special group whose support and feedback have had a huge impact on my life. You, my online tribe!
As a huge thank you and in hopes that you'll get as much out of these networks as I do, I'm sharing my list of must-follow online experts and groups and a ⋆BONUS GIFT⋆ at the end of this post.
This is an opportunity to connect with compassionate and encouraging people going through very painful struggles, just like you. These people don't doubt the realness of your disease, they get it. This huge, badass Chronic Pain community has had my back every step of this journey, and guess what? They're ready to have your back too.
This ultimate list of who shines online covers advocacy, motivation, diet, mantras and the newest treatments in the Chronic Pain world. Just click each link and "like" or "follow".
- Fibromyalgia Treatment Group - educates the medical community and the general public about the nature, diagnosis, and treatment of fibromyalgia and its related conditions.
- Chronic Pain Info provides a caring and understanding environment for patients, caregivers and family members.
- Vital Plan/Bill Rawls MD serves as a trustworthy, safe, and effective resource for lifestyle and wellness advice.
- Fibromyalgia Support provides support, shares information and offers friendship to people affected by FM. CFS, PTSD, PPS and other related diseases.
- Fibromyalgia Care Society of America, Inc. provides education, care and supportive services to individuals living with fibromyalgia, their families and the community at large.
- Fibromyalgia Awareness shares educational information, connects others within the community and gains support for this invisible disease that impacts more than 6 million Americans
- Fibro Blogger Directory connects fibro bloggers, helps raise awareness of Fibromyalgia and provides information to the world wide web and other media about fibro bloggers.
- Fibromyalgia - Newlifeoutlook provides articles, videos and a supportive community to empower you to live your best life and embrace a positive outlook.
- WEGO Health is a network of patient influencers - online community leaders passionate about helping others lead healthier lives.
- Arianna Huffington - CEO of Thrive Global, is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
- ChronicDad - Fibro/Chronic Pain education advocate, stay at home dad, and fearless fighter
- Spoon Lady - Blogger and speaker, her Spoon Theory has helped millions understand what a Fibro patient really goes through
- National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association - Raises awareness through education and advocacy
- Chronic Babe - Writer, keynote speaker who teaches women to craft a life they love in spite of chronic illness
- Claudia Chan - Women's empowerment educator and accelerator, founder of S.H.E. Summit, the global women's empowerment event
- Lindsay Avner- Founder of Bright Pink, wellness advocate empowering women to live proactively at a young age.
- Bill Rawls, MD - Ten years of intensive self-study in herbal medicine and other natural therapies combined with numerous seminars and a certification course in holistic medicine define his present practice focused on health restoration.
- National Fibromyalgia Association - Funding research dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with fibromyalgia.
- MyFibroTeam - The place where you can meet others living with Fibromyalgia (by age, stage, diagnosis and location) to learn from each other, as well as discover the best providers near you to meet your needs.
- Jenna C., of Fibro Daily, provides daily news, updates, support, and the latest fibromyalgia treatment info.
- Liz Hall - Founder of Pain Sufferers Speak's FREE Global Community of resources with 10 support groups to make connections with others who share your life's challenges and passions.
- Quell Pain Relief - Drug free relief from Chronic Pain, empowering patients by bringing high-tech, high quality solutions to your home.
- The Mighty - News site where people share their personal experiences with disability, disease and mental illness.
These friends are perfect when I need a pick me up, a laugh, or just someone who understands exactly what it's like living with Chronic Pain.
⋆ BONUS GIFT ⋆ Dust off your colored pencils and escape into zen mode. The talented Anne Manera has recently released, Fibromyalgia Mantras: A Coloring Book for Fibro Warriors & Chronic Pain Heroes, and is gifting you a free download of one of our favorite mantras for you to color. Claim your gift here.
These resources are truly invaluable. I'm extremely grateful for each of them and for you- my online tribe- and all who have supported me on my Fibro Journey. Together we are so much stronger!
"Me vs. Fibromyalgia" is a biweekly, one-of-a-kind series designed to give readers and warriors affected by Fibromyalgia a comprehensive look into the facts of the disease and the story of a driven, high-achieving business woman who wouldn't take no for an answer. I've chronicled eight years of experience with Fibro including chronic pain and fatigue, low energy, doctors, relationships and more, and hope to offer answers and support to those who seek them.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. All information presented should be regarded as friendly advice and opinions based on my own experience and research. I am not making an attempt to prescribe any medical treatment and the information contained in this blog is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a doctor or qualified health practitioner.