Can living alone ever be joyous?: originally appeared on Quora: The best answer to any question. Ask a question, get a great answer. Learn from experts and access insider knowledge. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Oh yes, very.
- You go to the kitchen sink, and there aren't someone else's dishes in it.
- You go to do laundry, and you don't have to wait for someone else's clothes.
- You look at your carpet, and there aren't someone else's footprints on it.
- When you invite friends over, you don't need to ask permission.
- When you have sex, you can be as loud as you want.
- When you get your utilities bill, you aren't paying for anyone else.
- When you wake up to go to the bathroom, you don't have to put on clothes.
- If you want a pet, you don't have to worry about another person's allergies.
- No one ever eats your food.
- No one else takes up space in the cabinets and refrigerator.
- No one else breaks any of your glasses or china.
- No one is using the bathroom when you need to get ready for work in the morning.
- You never have to intervene when your roommate is beating his girlfriend.
- When you know the things that you aren't dealing with, every moment of living alone is joyous.
Note: I guess folks are thinking the [thirteenth] was a joke in poor taste. I wish it were. That was a real issue I had to deal with.More questions on Quora: