Are you retiring soon? Then you may be thinking about moving somewhere new, within Illinois, right?! If you're on the move, Niche has got your back with its list of the top towns to retire to in Illinois.
Niche compiled its lineup by looking at a bunch of factors that might interest retirees, like how many people of their age live nearby, how many new retirees moved in during the past year, housing costs, property taxes, crime rates, weather and access to things like restaurants, golf courses and doctors.
Overall, Niche analyzed more than 4,200 towns and ranked more than 1,600. And none of the bigger Illinois communities hit the top 10.
Click on the map below to see where the top ten best places to retire in Illinois are located. You will also find a text version of the list and some further description of how the list was compiled.
10) Carlinville, IL
9) Benton, IL
8) Fairfield, IL
7) Du Quoin, IL
6) Flora, IL
See the rest of the list of the best places to retire in Illinois here.[RECOMMENDED]
- Illinois' best and worst counties to grow up in based on income potential
- How many retirees take their Illinois pensions out of state?
- Top 50 biggest Illinois pension payouts in TRS
- The worst- and best-funded local police and fire pension funds in Illinois
- Schooldigger ranks the 25 best elementary, middle and high schools in Illinois