Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner has said improving education in Illinois will be one of his priorities during his term in office, but before Illinoisans can formulate a plan on how to move forward, it's important to know where we already stand. we looked at the top school in each of the 25 biggest Illinois school districts from the annual Illinois State Board of Education Report Card. The report card includes ratings and summaries of stats about schools across Illinois for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Illinois State Board of Education released its annual Report Card with ratings and summaries of stats about schools across Illinois for the 2013-2014 school year.
We looked at the 25 biggest school districts in the state (across all grade levels) and then picked out the school within each district that is doing the best, or, in other words, had the highest percentage of students who meet or exceed expectations. The list is ranked by school district enrollment size for the 2013-2014 academic year, according to the Illinois State Board of Education. Per-pupil spending includes instructional spending. Note the wide range in per pupil spending in this list. Interesting range of average class sizes, too.
Check out Reboot Illinois to see this info for the 33rd through 50th biggest school districts in the state.
Sign up for our daily email to stay up to date on all things Illinois politics.
- Rauner says we asked for a divided government. No, not exactly.
- Pat Quinn concession speech brief, belated
- Cartoon: Passing the torch in the 2014 Illinois governor's race
- Twitter brings fun factoids, levity to intense 2014 Illinois gubernatorial election
- Want to tell your elected officials what you think of the state of government in Illinois? Use our Sound Off tool.