Last night, Governor Christie announced that displaced N.J. voters can vote by email or fax. I have reached out to all 21 county clerks/boards of election and compiled the attached list of email addresses/fax numbers that displaced voters should use.
Please help distribute this list and get the word out in any way possible.
N.J. Displaced Voter -- Vote by Email/Fax Instructions
(See official directive from Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno)
Note that voters throughout the state are encouraged to take advantage of early voting options as made available by county elections officials. Early voting information is not included here -- voters can contact 877-NJ Voter for more information.
Vote by Email/Fax Information
- Must be registered N.J. voter who was displaced from primary home
- Need to email/fax official application WITH signature by 11/6 at 5 p.m. (Applications available in Spanish, Korean, Gujarti, Chinese at N.J. Dept. of State website.) County clerks request that voters return the applications as soon as possible.
- If you request a ballot by fax, you must provide a telephone and fax number on the application
- If you request a ballot by email, you must provide an email address on the application
- County clerk will send to the voter a ballot and waiver of secret ballot form
- The voter needs to return the waiver, ballot and copy of application by Friday, November 9 at 8 p.m. (This was just updated -- the Secretary of State extended the deadline from Tuesday to Friday.)
Clerk says only applies for people displaced out of Bergen County
Fax: (856) 251-1646
return ballot email@example.com/609-278-2713 (f)
return ballot to: firstname.lastname@example.org /732-214-1656 (f) (include signed application, privacy waiver and filled out ballot)
return ballot to email@example.com/732-303-7648 (f)
Put hurricane sandy on application. Fax to return is 973-285-8412 (email address will be provided with ballot)
Return ballots firstname.lastname@example.org/856-935-6725 (f)
Different email/fax for ballot -- will be provided with ballot.