Independence Day fireworks are a great American tradition -- so why stay home to watch the festivities? We've compiled a list of the Top 10 Hotels with the Highest "Boom Factor," offering the best vantage points -- from pools and rooftop bars to balconies, beaches and even bathtubs -- to watch the sky sparkle this 4th of July.
- Hyatt Regency Austin - One of the few hotels in the city that overlook the water, the Hyatt Regency's pyrotechnic-friendly perches also offer front-row seats for the legendary (freakish?) nightly ascent of one-million-plus Mexican bats from the Congress Avenue Bridge.
- Mandarin Oriental New York -- Some rooms in this 54-story hotel have views of the river -- and fireworks - that guests can enjoy while relaxing in a marble soaking tub. Talk about celebrating independence in style!
- W Washington DC -- The property's P.O.V. rooftop bar offers a premiere vantage point for viewing the fireworks over the Mall -- the cornerstone of one of the most spectacular Fourth of July celebrations in the entire country.
- Disneyland Hotel, Anaheim - The happiest place on earth can easily be found on a hotel room balcony inside Disneyland on July 4th, with an accompanying soundtrack on the hotel's fireworks-music channel.
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, Honolulu -- One of the best vantage points to watch the fireworks shot off from nearby Magic Island. Guests can watch from their rooms, the beach, or one of the hotel's beachfront bars.
- Swissotel Chicago - A premier destination in Chicago's trendy Navy Pier district, with many rooms overlooking the water for first-rate views of the city's top fireworks celebration.
- Royal Sonesta, Boston - This family-friendly hotel offers some of the best views to be had in the entire city from rooms facing the Charles River. If those aren't available, the walkway along the River's edge is close by.
- Tropicana Casino & Resort, Atlantic City - The rooftop Alto Vino bar has both an extensive wine list and an amazing view of the Atlantic City skyline, where guests can see the fireworks completely unobscured.
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins, San Francisco -- With great views of the city -- and the bay -- guests are guaranteed to be front and center of the action.
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort and Spa, Miami - Hang out by the pool and watch the fireworks or set up a nice beach blanket on the sand.
Courtesy Hyatt Regency Austin
Courtesy Mandarin Oriental
Courtesy W. Washington DC
Courtesy Paul Hiffmeyer, Disneyland
Courtesy Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Courtesy Swissotel Chicago
Courtesy Rose Martin / Alamy
Courtesy InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Courtesy ONE Bal Harbour