Eyes are the most noticeable feature on our face and it is a main focus area in makeup artistry. Naturally, it is a desire of many women to have big, youthful looking eyes. Unfortunately, nature does not always cooperate and we are not all left with our ideal eye size and shape. The good news is that it doesn't matter whether you have small set eyes or you just want to make them pop. Here are 8 quick and easy tips that are fantastic ways to help your eyes appear larger and get your peepers popping!
1) Use white eyeliner: A general rule in makeup is that dark colors recede and light colors accentuate and bring features forward. Using a white liner in your waterline instead of black will provide brightness to your eyes that will give the allusion of larger eyes.
2) Use falsies: The use of false eyelashes can do wonders for your eyes. They draw in extra attention while providing a beautiful frame around your eyes. Eyelashes have the ability to take any look from good to glam.
3) Line your upper lid: Using liner on the upper lid provides a visual eyelift. Too many times I see women line their lower waterline and neglect the top lid. This causes your eyes to look droopy and tired.
4) Don't line the entire lid: Lining your entire lid when you already have very small eyes can counter the purpose of liner and cause your eyes to look even smaller. If you naturally have small eyes try only lining the outer two thirds of the lid.
5) Use a light shimmer eye shadow on the inner corners of your eyes: With almost every look I create, I top it off with a dab of silvery gold eye shadow on the inner corners of my eyes. You only need the tiniest bit for it to make a difference. This little trick catches light in all the right ways to make your eyes look slightly larger than they actually are.
6) Use multiple colors on your eyes: Try using multiple colors on your lid to create depth and dimension. For example, blue eyeliner paired with a purple eye shadow will give your eyes a dramatic pop.
7) Use light eye shadows: As I mentioned before, dark colors recede and light colors accentuate. This applies to eye shadow as well. A dark eye shadow will cause your eyes to appear smaller while a lighter color will open up and brighten your eyes.
8) Shape your eyebrows: The right eyebrow shape will create an eye opening effect while creating a frame for your face. Neglected or poorly managed eyebrows can take the focus away from the other features on your face.