When I was in Italy, I've always dreamed of having one of those food maker machines that you always see in television like the popcorn maker, the cotton candy maker and the waffle maker. In Milan, in fact, is not a common thing to have in your house these products like here in the States where waffle makers are more common than washing machines (which by the way still sounds a bit crazy for an Italian native person like me).
I've finally been able to put my hands one a waffle maker and for a few weeks now I've been experimenting new recipes. To test them, I've arranged a brunch with some of my friends (who are going to be my cavy unawares), and using this waffle maker each step of the preparation comes easy and fast, allowing for a perfect result that will delight your love ones during the Sunday's breakfasts.
After preparing the dough, all you need to do is divide it and place it into the maker and you are ready to go. I personally don't love the classic shape of the waffles so I've tried to create new ones that I find cooler and more pleasing to the eye.
In the future, I will definitely try some savory waffle recipes but for now, here's my recipe to prepare delicious sweet waffles.
Easy Buttercream Waffles with Berries
Makes 8 waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of Kosher salt
1 egg, egg white + yolk
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
1. Turn on the Waffle Maker.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
3. Whisk egg whites until stiff.
4. Mix yolks, vanilla, melted butter and buttermilk in a mixer.
5. Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients to the mixture and when everything is nice and smooth, merge the mounted egg whites with a spatula proceeding from top to bottom.
6. Place the dough right in the middle of each gapes of the Waffle Maker (about three tablespoons per waffle). Cover it and cook for 5 minutes (according to your Waffle Maker).
7. Ones done serve them with Maple syrup (a loooot of Maple syrup) and berries.
If you are going to post your creations on Instagram don't forget to use the hashtag #MCCDessertLover so I can see them!