Growing up as a teenager, you would never think that taking care of your skin is a must. All you care about is having enormous amounts of fun. Even if you are a model at the tender age of 16, you are most likely not thinking about healthy skin because you are consumed by all of the beautiful things surrounding you.
Well, once I hit my late teens and headed into my early 20s, things started to get a little hectic. Let's just say puberty started to make its home. After a while I noticed my skin started to have blemishes. This is when I started to take better care of my skin, and I found these tips and regimens to work.
1. Drink lots of water. We all know its cliché to say drink water every day because it is healthy for you, but honestly it is the truth and a definite way to start on the road to healthy skin and a healthier life. I find drinking water especially with two sliced lemons really started to change my skin for the better.
2. Eat healthy. Everyone tries to go on a diet for a healthy way of living. I have traveled the world and no one seem to be as big on dietary supplements more than America, but I will say we can choose what we eat wisely. A lot of us have our guilty pleasures as far as fried foods and candy. I am not telling you to stop eating them but I am telling you to practice portion control. Instead of eating fatty foods high in sodium everyday, why not just eat them once a week. Doing this will also help your digestive system. Most cases of bad skin come from the things we eat, so pay closer attention to that than you normally do.
3. Exfoliate regularly. Keeping your skin exfoliated is something we all know we should be doing. Good exfoliating methods and products that have worked for myself include the very affordable. To recreate my homemade exfoliator, you will need a bar of soap (non-sensitive to the skin like Sabon NYC olive oil soap or Dove), table salt and a white washcloth. Rinse your face with warm water, and then pour one tablespoon of salt into the palm of one hand and mix it with the bar of soap. Make sure the soap is wet to form a rich lather. You need for the salt to settle into something and it can't do that if it is dry. Massage your face with the solution in an upward motion because gravity is what causes your skin to wrinkle, sag and age faster. Rinse your face clean with warm water and wipe with a hot white washcloth. You will see everything that you scrubbed off of your face is no longer there.
4. Keep your skin moisturized. Having healthy skin is amazing but having healthy, moist skin is even better. The moisturizer I always keep in my bag is Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré. This "face maker" is so moist and works well with other products. I promise you won't be disappointed and the best thing is that you only need small amount. It also works great as a skin repair agent.
5. Hold the rays. As you all may know I do have albinism and keeping from the suns rays is a must in my life. Everyone loves to lie out in the sun to get a nice bronze tan. Well I've got advice for you: Get life insurance because you are killing yourself faster than ever. Even if you have a darker complexion, keeping safe from sunrays should still be a part of your life. This will not only lower your chances of being diagnosed with skin cancer but it will also help you to keep your skin healthy. No one likes the white stain that sunscreen can leave behind, so I have a much better product. Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection UVB Base SPF 50 works to protect against the sun, and the moisturizer provides an added glow.
I hope some of these products and simple skincare methods work for you and help you to save face.