1. Seeing the sun rise over the smoking city, a pale pink disc hanging in the misty haze above a blessedly-empty bridge.
2. That first cup of fatally-hot Pete's Coffee standing with rest of the cattle still asleep on our feet.
3. Not talking with anybody until you get there, and even then maybe not for a couple of hours. In the silence there is a Zen repose.
4. Being out of electronic communications during the precise time frame in which other people are just getting going on the most aggravating stuff of the day.
5. Checking in early and finding your room is ready for you. Or conversely, if your trip is a brief one to a relatively nearby location, the knowledge that you are not destined to be a prisoner of Hotel Land this time.